The largest island in the Caribbean is widely known for its abundance of classic cars, cigars and rum but there is so much more to see when you scratch beneath the surface and venture into the countryside. Begin and end your Cuban tour in the capital Havana and – in the days in between – visit farms and waterfalls in Soroa and Las Terrazas. Learn salsa (and then try out your new skills) in the picturesque town of Vinales and spend some serious beach time relaxing and swimming at Cayo Jutias. The classic cars, Cubans and Havana rum certainly also need a look in, so spend an evening in Havana soaking up the culture, tastes, sights and sounds of this beautiful city. You’ll gain a huge appreciation for Cuba, a land where time has long slowed its pace.
- Life in Cuba’s countryside evokes a bygone time. Stroll along rural dirt roads and watch as tractors, vintage cars and horse-drawn carriages roll by
- Fading colonial charm, rich history, sultry nightlife – it’s easy to see why Ernest Hemingway spent so much time in dreamy Havana. See the difference between city and country life on a guided walking tour of the old capital
- The lush Soroa valley is known as the ‘Rainbow of Cuba’. Explore an orchid garden and learn how Cubans develop their own medications at a medicinal herb farm
- Make like Castro and roll a cigar with a tobacco farmer in Pinar del Rio Province. The newly harvested tobacco will be used to produce some of the most prestigious and expensive cigars in the world
Meals: 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch
Transport: Private Bus
Accommodation: Guesthouse (7 nights)
- Havana – Visit to Fusterlandia in Jaimanitas
- Soroa – Orchid Garden tour
- Havana – Visit to Callejon de Hamel
- Las Terrazas – Finca de Plantas Medicinales
- Vinales – Valley walking tour
- Vinales – Informal Salsa lesson
- Vinales – Beach excursion to Cayo Jutias
- Havana – Walking tour of Old Havana
2. A single supplement is available on this trip.
3. There are unprecedented changes happening in Cuba right now. It is an exciting time but it also means some patience and understanding is required for the heightened demand of infrastructure, accommodation and crowds.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Your trip notes provide a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what’s included – pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.