See Cuba from two wheels as you cycle around this laidback Caribbean island. Travel the colourful streets of Havana, along dusty roads past farms and tobacco plantations in Vinales, beside coastal paths and through the Bay of Pigs and get a taste of Cuba beyond the rum and cigar scene. Swim in Playa Larga’s clear blue waters, explore Che Guevara’s former HQ at the Cueva de los Portales and relax in the healing thermal pools in San Diego de los Banos. Soak up the best of Cuba as you traverse this fascinating country.
- Cycling through Caribbean Cuba gives you unique access to parts of the island that are off the beaten track
- See animals in their natural habitat, including the Cuban crocodile, an abundance of marine life and the world’s smallest bird, the bee hummingbird
- Cycle through the lush valley of Soroa. Known as Cuba’s Rainbow, the valley is rich in plant and wildlife
- Cuba is recognised as the world’s finest cigar manufacturer. Learn how to roll a cigar with a local tobacco farmer in the small town of Vinales
- After a visit to the temporary HQ of Cueva de los Portales and a guided walking tour of Old Havana, you’ll understand Che Guevara’s important role in the Cuban Revolution
- Indulge in some sun, sand and sea on the historic Playa Larga in the Bahia de Cochinos (Bay of Pigs)
Meals: 7 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
Transport: Support vehicle
Accommodation: Guesthouse (5 nights), Hotel (1 night), Village Hut (1 night)
- Havana Arrival Transfer
- Bike Fitting
- Traditional Cuban Dinner
- Tobacco Farm Visit
- Cave Visit “Cueva del Indio”
- Cycling Tour through Outer-Havana
- Walking tour of Old Havana
2. A single supplement is available on this trip.
3. Bike hire is available for purchase or you may bring your own.
4. Please bring your own helmet. We require clients to wear a bicycle helmet while riding at all times.
5. There are unprecedented changes happening in Cuba right now. It is an exciting time but it also means some patience and understanding is required for the heightened demand of infrastructure, accommodation and crowds.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Your trip notes provide a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what’s included – pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.