From Cuba’s historical streets of Havana to the pristine shores of the Caribbean, stroll through World Heritage cities, relive a fascinating colonial history and experience the rich heritage of music and dance that Cuba is renowned for. Prepare to be wowed as you discover Baracoa’s mountainous surrounds, visit the birthplace of salsa and admire Trinidad’s unrivalled ambience on this two-week adventure. From historic cars to fragrant cigars and with plenty of rum and rumba in between, this adventure will take you into the heart of all things in Cuba.
- Old-world charm, rich history, exciting nightlife – evocative Havana is like nowhere else on Earth. See the difference between city and coastal life on a guided walking tour of the old capital
- Take inspiration from the locals and mix things up with a bicycle-taxi tour of the colonial city of Camaguey
- Enjoy over two free days in Trinidad. Practice your Spanish in a language class, loll about on an unspoilt Caribbean beach or peddle through sugar plantations on a charmingly rickety bicycle
- After an informal salsa lesson, you’ll be ready to hit the dance floor with the locals. With its vibrant music scene and Afro-Cuban roots, sultry Santiago de Cuba is a great place to practice your moves
- There’s a lot more to the life of Che Guevara than what you’ll learn from watching ‘The Motorcycle Diaries’. Pay your respects to the famous revolutionary during an included visit to his mausoleum
Meals: 14 breakfasts
Transport: Private Bus, Plane, Local Transport
Accommodation: Guesthouse (14 nights)
– Included activities
- Havana – Walking tour of Old Havana
- Santa Clara – Visit to Che Guevara Mausoleum and Museum
- Trinidad – Orientation walk
- Informal Spanish lesson
- Informal Salsa lesson
- Camaguey – Bicycle taxi city tour
- Santiago de Cuba – half day city tour
- Baracoa – Orientation walk
2. A single supplement is available on this trip.
3. All Thursday departures will be operated in reverse direction due to availability of safety approved air crafts. The itinerary and included services will remain the same.
4. There are unprecedented changes happening in Cuba right now. It is an exciting time but it also means some patience and understanding is required for the heightened demand of infrastructure, accommodation and crowds.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Your trip notes provide a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what’s included – pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.